Because 1,000 is a nice, round number.
The seventh-generation Chevrolet Corvette Stingray made quite an impact when it was first unveiled. It made ‘America’s Sports Car’ a thing to be very proud of again. It’s not afraid to take it to the exotic competition from overseas – and beat it. Hennessey Performance is giving the sports car a bit of help with their new HPE1000 Supercharged Upgrade for the Stingray and Grand Sport model that pushes output past the 1,000-horsepower mark.
To get there, the 6.2-liter, naturally-aspirated LT1 engine was swapped out for a new 416-cu.in. Stroker engine with a 4.0-inch Stroker crankshaft. The new engine boasts a 10.0:1 compression ratio with forged aluminum pistons, Billet steel H-beam connecting rods, and ARP bolts. Everything has been balanced, blueprinted, and assembled by hand.
A new high-flow supercharger system complete with an extreme duty intercooler system to keep temperatures regulated was also installed as part of the HPE1000 Supercharged Upgrade for the Corvette. CNC-ported cylinder head ports, competition valves, flow testing, and milled chambers were also extensively worked on by the Hennessey Performance team amongst a laundry list of other goodies.
To get all those exhaust gasses out as quick as possible from the V-8, 1.75-inch stainless steel long-tube headers were installed and connect to a new mid-pipe, high-flow catalytic converters, and out of the centrally-mounted quad tailpipes.
After some serious dyno testing and a full HPE engine management upgrade, the HPE1000 Chevrolet Corvette produces 1,008 bhp at 6,500 RPM and 918 lb-ft. of torque at 4,000 RPM. This enables the super car to reach 60 mph in 2.5 seconds as tires struggle for grip. The quarter-mile disappears in just 9.7 seconds at 147 mph as well while the top speed is all the way back past 220 mph.
And while 1,008 bhp is a serious amount of power, the factory manual transmissions are more than up to the task of handling that power. The HPE1000 Supercharged upgrade also comes backed by a 1-year, 12,000-mile warranty. As part of the upgrade, Hennessey will add all their badging, serial-numbered plaques, and some custom floor mats to distinguish it when it’s not destroying its rear tires.
Hennessey Performance HPE1000 Chevrolet Corvette Specifications
Maximum Horsepower: 1008 bhp at 6,500 RPM
Maximum Torque: 918 lb-ft. at 4,000 RPM
Acceleration 0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds
Acceleration 1/4 mile: 9.7 seconds at 147 MPH
Top Speed: 220+ MPH
• High-flow supercharger system.
• Extreme duty intercooler system.
• 416 CID Stroker motor.
• 4.0-inch Stroker crankshaft.
• Custom forged aluminum pistons with 10.0:1 compression ratio & steel wrist pins.
• 6.125-inch Billet steel H-beam connecting rods with ARP bolts.
• Balance, blueprint & assemble shortblock: fully de-bur block, line hone block with ARP main studs, deck block.
• Bore block on 3-axis CNC mill, hone block with torque plates, balance crankshaft, check bearing clearances.
• Assemble shortblock.
• CNC Ported Cylinder Heads ports- Competition valve job, extensive flow testing, chambers milled to desired cc.
• Lightweight hollow stem intake valves, exhaust valves.
• Extreme duty dual valve springs.
• Titanium retainers, machined locators & locks, GM valve seals.
• Chamber volumes measures & adjusted for compression.
• CNC work hand blended into valve job, spring pressures measured & adjusted.
• HPE hydraulic roller camshaft upgrade.
• Hydraulic lifter upgrade with extreme duty pushrods.
• 1.75 inch stainless steel long-tube headers.
• Stainless steel mid-pipe exhaust upgrade.
• High-flow catalytic converters.
• HPE engine management upgrade & chassis dyno calibration.
• Professional installation and all necessary gaskets & fluids.
• Chassis dyno testing. You’ll receive a before & after dyno graph report showing power and torque measured at the rear wheels.
• Road testing (up to 100 miles).
• Hennessey exterior badge (rear).
• HPE1000 Powered by Hennessey badges (side & rear).
• Hennessey serial numbered plaque (interior).
• Hennessey serial numbered plaque signed by the HPE technician (engine bay).
• Powered by Hennessey premium floor mats.
• Serial numbered Certificate of Authenticity personally signed by John Hennessey.
• 1 Year / 12,000 mile limited warranty. Contact a Hennessey Performance sales associate for more details.
• Shell V-Power 93 octane gasoline.
• Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic oil & filter change.
Hennessey Performance HPE1000 Chevrolet Corvette Gallery
Source: Hennessey Performance