A new chapter in the book of Lamborghini V-12s.
Lamborghini has just released their new V-12 and ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) transmission that will find its way into the upcoming Murciélago replacement. The new 6.5-liter V-12 and ISR transmission create thrilling high-revving performance and rapid gear changes while reducing emissions and boasting a low weight.
– 700 horsepower at 8,250 RPM
– 509 lb-ft at 5,500 RPM
– Only weighs 517 pounds
– Short-stroke layout
– Crankcase and cylinder heads made from aluminum-silicon alloy
– Dry sump oil lubrication
– Intake system with four individual throttle valves
– Shift times almost 50 percent shorter than dual-clutch counterparts
– Weighs only 173.8 pounds
– Compact dimensions
– One shift rod moves out of one gear as other rod is already engaging
– Designed to create “emotional” gearshifts
The new 6.5-liter V-12 and ISR transmission will enter production in early 2011 and be manufactured entirely at Lamborghini’s headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese. Although the engine is entirely new, Lamborghini has assured us that it will still have a characteristic Italian V-12 exhaust note.
Lamborghini V-12 and Transmission Gallery
Lamborghini V-12 and Transmission Video
[Source: Lamborghini, Youtube]